Saturday, April 08, 2006

A little disappointment, a little fun...

It appears somebody finally came to their senses...I'll have to throw in at least $500.00 to swap for that Stella. THAT ain't gonna happen! May as well be 5 million bucks at tax time! So, anyway, I had a buddy drop me off at Encore Performance in Prescott where they had replaced the fragged flywheel this last Wednesday. He headed home, I signed the paperwork, put on my gear for the 45 mile ride and it started to rain. Figures. I started out on my way and the rain quit! Halleluia!! Filled up at Robert's gas station in Prescott Valley. Came to, I think, just over a dollar.
Since I was still kinda breaking it in, the 8 or so miles that were 65 m.p.h. road were taken at about 45...I was just lucky there wasn't any traffic. Beautiful ride over Mingus Mountain; smooth (for the most part) pavement, not much traffic that day. The only drawback was the pavement was wet and I still have the original tires on my Bajaj. These tires will probably still have good tread 20 years from now! VERY hard compound. Kinda slippery on the wet, though. I had seen many a complaint on the Bajaj forums regarding these tires. Therefore, I disregarded all prudence and pressed on regardless. Came to realize that today's WORST tires still seem to be better than the best I raced my Yamaha RD on back in the mid-70's. Are we spoiled or what?
Got near the top of Mingus Mountain (elevation 7023 ft.) and it began spitting rain, which quickly turned to snow! Nothing stuck to the road though, so I was good to go. About a mile the other side of the summit it stopped. Cool! The rest of the ride was uneventful and the Bajaj performed flawlessly.
Since I got it home, I've had no funny noises or clanks or BANGS!

No comments: