Saturday, June 30, 2007

Birthday stuff!




Yesterday, June 29th, was my birthday. For the first time in my life I'm playing with a full deck...52! Anyway, my loving and incredibly indulgent wife, Ski got me some good scooter stuff. I got a Cortech DSX Denim Jacket by Tourmaster. Vents all over it, armor in it, zip-in quilted liner for winter...stylin'! Then she up and got me a set of the Dowco Rally Pack saddlebags. These things rock!! Once I got them set up, it takes maybe 12 - 13 seconds to mount or remove! Velcro secures the top straps with quick release buckles on the lower straps. I included pictures here with the top straps just thrown across the seat, but after I took the pics, I popped the seat up and laid the straps across the underseat bucket opening and reclosed the seat. It took a wee bit more effort to secure the latch, but when mounted like that, they are SECURE!! Another bonus to latching the seat over the straps is they are then locked to the bike...can't take 'em without either using the key or taking the whole scooter. Which I'd rather not think about.


They appear to be durable and are large enough, that when coupled with my recently aquired S/X rear bag, I could probably haul a cord of wood. The zippers are enhanced by velcro closures at the ends of the openings for a little extra security. The teardrop shape matches the lines of the Red Baron nicely and when secured under the seat, actually look better! They come with aluminized panels that can be mounted to the "bike-side" panel of the bag to protect against exhaust-pipe meltdown. The price? $52.99!! Less than some folks charge for shipping!! Ski ordered them from Chaparral Motorsports ( http://www.chaparralmotorsports.com/ ) and they only charged $6.99 for shipping. They got the package out and to us in short order and didn't mess up anything in the order. As an extra bonus, they sent me two big ol' catalogs with all the stuff they sell.


Checking through the catalogs, I found winter face and neck protection, a smoke shield and air draft protector for my Scorpion helmet, some Maxxis racing tires for my scooter (scooter tires in a motorcycle catalog!!!) and even some pin-up girl stickers, should I have a need for such things. Chaparral Motorsports seems to have a lot of the stuff we all look for and need and can never seem to find when we DO need them. Give 'em a look-see. Based on the quality of the the items I got, the shipping professionalism and the availability of items that are sometimes hard to find, I'd be happy to recommend them.
C-ya...ride on!
--Keys

No comments: