Friday, January 12, 2007

Helmet update and Rim Country Run

...a little about my new Z1R Metro helmet. As I related previously, the visor has a screw that is removed, the visor then flips up and two "T" shaped hooks slide out of two "T" shaped holes in the helmet to remove the faceshield. Well, here's the lowdown...those two little "T" shaped hooks are plastic and have one little bitty screw each to hold them onto the visor. They are easily broken. I simply lifted my shield one time and that was enough force to snap the hook off. I have since repaired it (maybe?) with model airplane glue and a "C" clamp. It hold still, but then again, I've not tried to swap shields yet. We'll see how it works then. I'll let you know.

Next up on the agenda; I am planning an early spring (sometime in April, probably) rally up here in central Arizona...with some movement up into the northern section of the state. "Skutergruven's Rim Country Run" will begin in Cottonwood, head east on Hwy 89A through Sedona and north through Oak Creek Canyon to Flagstaff...a distance of 70-some miles. I'll hook a right at Lake Mary Road and head east to Mormon Lake where we'll probably camp for the night. In the morning, again we'll head east on Lake Mary Road for probably another 50 miles to where it dead-ends at Hwy 87. South on 87 for about 21 miles will get us to the 87, Hwy 260 junction where we'll turn right (west) and chase the hill for about 45 miles down into Cottonwood. It will be a fast ride with some of the finest scenery in the southwest. Should promise to be a trip you'll remember for years. I hope to make it an annual thing.
So far about 7 people have commited to go, if you'd like to make it and need more info., just e-mail me at skutergruven@netscape.com or leave a comment here with a way to get the info to you. Two days, about 210 miles and nothing but beauty and curves. Doesn't get any better than that!!
C-ya...ride on!
--Keys

No comments: